Heavy Timber Designs by Country Log Homes

Hand Crafted Log & Timber Frame Homes

Timber Frame Trusses & Front Entrances

Timber Frame Barns & Pool Houses

TimberKits™ - Pergola Kits & Pavilion Kits

Log Home Restoration & Repair

HomeHome     Contact Us


Pergola Permits

Do I need a permit for my Pergola or Pavilion?

Most municipalities, whether they adhere to the Ontario Building Code or another one, require a permit for any Pergola or Pavilion more than 108 square feet. A quick call to your local building inspector is a great place to start.

If your local building department does require a permit, we have a technical data sheet that we will be happy to email you.

What does it take to get a permit?

To apply for a permit, you generally need your property survey, drawings of your Pergola/Pavilion, and pay a fee of approximately $100.

What is a Property Survey?

A property survey is a sketch or map of a property showing its boundaries and other physical features. Residential property survey reports also show the relative location of a house, shed, other building and fences on the property, and it usually includes the position of any public or municipal easements.

Where do I get a Permit for my Pergola/Pavilon?

Your building department can provide more information. The following are links to building departments that we commonly work with.

City of Toronto Richmond Hill
Markham Aurora
Stouffville Pickering
Mississauga Whitby
Clarington Brampton
King City Vaughan

If you require further information or any assistance please contact us.